Monday 23 May 2016

They Try to Control You and Treat You Like a Child





Wow! Where do I start with this one? Well Dom has treated me like a child since very early on in the relationship. He would not ask, butt tell me to do things. "Roll me a cigarette", "Haul these heavy groceries up the steps, I have had a long day.", "Don't talk at the dinner table" etc... He would also tell me when I should wash my hands, what to order off of the menu at restaurants, and I felt like a frightened child at all times. When he would come home from work I would visibly shake, and he would never ask why. He knew I was afraid of him. He decided when it was time to study the Bible, what to watch on TV, no stand up comedy, or nature videos was allowed because he didn't like them. When it was late and time to put my night gown on, he would tell me whether or not to take a sleeping pill depending on if he wanted to have sex that night or not. 
It has been 10 days, and yes I miss him sometimes when I read what I just wrote I have no idea why my . I ashamed to say that actually feel hatred at this very moment. I am 40 years old, and I was being treated like I was a little girl.. I actually have pressure in my chest because the whole memory of it makes me sick. Sorry if this entry feels like me going on a mad venting trip. 
Now that I am single, I make my own decisions and it is so liberating. I feel freedom again at times when I am not still depressed from the whole abusive ordeal. Are you in a relationship like this one? If so, let me tell you this. God did not put you on this earth to be treated like a slave to a control freak. Men have died for our freedom in wars, and you are throwing yours out the window. I know you are scared, but would you rather spend the next month, year, decade in that hellish environment? I would rather live a  battered spouses center where they can counsel you, make you feel like you deserve to be loved and respected (because you likely do not believe that right now) and help you find an apartment so that you can start a whole new life for yourself. The very next chance you get RUN! You will never get your past back but don't waste another day with him/her. That is my advice dear ones, never a judgement. I have been there and I know what you are up against. 

No comments:

Post a Comment