Sunday 22 May 2016

They Say You are Too Sensitive to Deflect Their Negative Remarks










Hello dear ones, thank you for meeting me here again on this page. My hope is to spread awareness, share my story, and start the healing process my you and me. 

Dom would always say that I am way too sensitive or too emotional. After verbally abusing me to the point of my sobbing, he would look at me like he hated me. He would make fun of me for crying, or say "go cry in the other room" but I wouldn't because I couldn't move. I was in in too much emotional pain. The reason he would yell at me like this in the first place would be over the dumbest things imaginable. One time it was that I didn't make the ice cubes properly and that every cube was to be the exact same size. The water wasn't level in the ice cube tray so this made him furious. I would eventually calm down after he was finished yelling and began giving me the silent treatment again though I dared not say a word for fear that it would be offensive to him. I knew this wasn't right, but I thought he needed treatment for OCD if ice cubes mattered to him, and like a good signigicant other I was going to discuss this with him when he was calmer and go through every step and stage of the treatment with him. When the day came that I thought I could talk to him about it, it was about a week later. I told him I would support him, love him through any treatment, and hold his hand through therapist appointments. That is when he said "Wow you took that all wrong, when I was talking about ice it was merely a suggestion, it's not like I was really that upset or anything." Though I couldn't express it, I was furious. He put me through hell and now he was downplaying the abuse he inflicted on me. He then hugged me and said "Oh sweetie, you are just so sensitive, it's okay I will help you get better." He was making it seem like I was crazy, and had misinterpreted the entire thing, though I remembered that night vividly. He called me some profane names, raised his voice that night, and said that I was stupid for not knowing how to make ice cubes properly. 
Like an abused dog, I cowered away and said nothing. There was no point. I felt defeated. I didn't know it at the time but what he was doing is called "blame shifting" and "crazy making". 
Emotional abusers love to make you feel like you are crazy, over sensitive, and confused. You start to doubt yourself after a while. You lose yourself in his cycle of abuse on you. 

Dear ones, you can't fix them, they will not change, and you may even get to the point in the relationship that you feel suicidal. These are dangerous people. The only things you can do is to plan your exit. It may take time, you may have to take baby steps, but nine days later I know it was was worth 

No comments:

Post a Comment